Thursday, May 3, 2012

Upcycled/recycled clothing line on ETSY clothing line

This is a new dress I made. It's an up-cycled item.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AnitaSperoDesign
I have other fabric items....skirts, tops and home decor. All eco friendly and unique...


I love watching my pieces come together. I am excited every time. I feel my art comes through in my clothing.
My favorite fabrics to use are weathered clothing, crochet and lace. Old skirts that would be thrown away and burlap.
If I can save torn fabrics and old clothing from a landfill , it just feels awesome. It's even better when it looks like a brand new piece..
Right now I am working on several romantic lace tops and 3 or 4 table runners and tablecloths.
Which will be sold on ETSY.
I try to make all my clothing have duel purpose and fit several sizes. This dress here can be pulled up and belted as a shirt, left down and worn with leggings or jeans. Or you can simply wear it as a cute dress.
It does stretch so it fits anyone from medium (a bit loose) to an xl (and swanky tight). The length allows for it to fit short, medium or tall.
 I will be looking out for pieces to make this similar style in many colors...
I will be also adding more long gypsy style skirts...I have several now in my store.
Take a peek. If there is something you are looking for "convo" me on Etsy, I may be able to do it..
Well I'm off to finish up a table made from burlap, lace and ruffles. All in shades of white to ivory.
Take care...
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.